Job Title: Librarian
Location: NAADS Secretariat
Remuneration: Attractive and Competitive.
Terms of employment: Three (03) years contract
Age limit: 24 years and above
Number of Vacancies: 01 Vacancy
Qualification and Experience:
• A minimum of an Honors Bachelors Degree in Library and Information Science or An Honors Bachelor Degree in Records Management from a recognized University/ Institution.
• At least three (3) years relevant working experience in a public or a reputable organization.
• Should have competencies in Records and Information Management and a concern for quality and standards
Duties and responsibilities
• Collecting, analyzing and processing data into useful information;
• Identifying, collecting and storing information and publications for easy access by decision makers
• Initiating, formulating and developing policies related to Library and resource centre issues;
• Managing and maintaining data Bank in the Library and resource centre;
• Utilizing the current Information communication technology in record keeping; and
• Providing technical support relating to library and Resource Centre issues to the NAADS Secretariat
How to Apply:
For Positions at the NAADS Secretariat, interested applicants should submit applications not later than
Friday, 25th January 2013, to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road Legacy Towers,
P.O. Box 25235, Kampala- Uganda
For Positions Based in the Districts interested applicants should fill Public Service Commission form 3 (revised 2008) available at the office of the Secretary Public Service Commission or Secretaries District Service Commissions countrywide.
The filled forms together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous employment, two passport size photographs, names and addresses of three referees, applicants daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all certified academic certificates/testimonials should be submitted to the various Secretaries of the respective District Service Commissions of Napak, Bukedea, Lyatonde and Oyam districts not later than Friday 25th January 2013 at 5:00p.m
Deadline: 25th January 2013