Job Title: Administrative Assistant; FP-7; FSN-7
U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 100/2010 Date: 09/22/2010
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Assistant; FP-7; FSN-7
OPENING DATE: September 22, 2010
CLOSING DATE: October 05, 2010
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
"The American Embassy is seeking for an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant in the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Section."
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides typing, filing, and telephone services to the INL Program Manager (PM). Receives, reviews and controls all in-coming and out-going unclassified correspondence. Under the direction of the PM, coordinates law enforcement training, logistics and procurement requests. Maintains accurate accounting of all budgets.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on www.kampala.usembassy.gov
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Diploma or completion of two years of full time post secondary study at college or university in any of the following: Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Development Studies, Ethics and Development, Finance, Accounts, Commerce, Social Work, Sociology, Human Resources, Science, Education, Psychology, Liberal Arts, Secretarial Studies, Office Management, Information Technology, is required.
2. Work Experience required: Three years experience in police, military, administration, management, accounting, and finance, is required.
3. Language required: Level III (good working knowledge) spoken and written English ability is required.
4. Knowledge required: Must know general office management and administrative procedures is required.
5. Skills and Abilities required: Typing speed 40 wpm and must be computer literate. Microsoft word and excel at an intermediate skill level is required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information); plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; If yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification No.
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver's License Class/Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Nsambya Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
Or by e-mail: