Job title: Technical Expert Adult Learning and Business Skills
ZOA Uganda is an International Christian Non-Governmental Organization for Humanitarian and Rehabilitation Assistance. Our mission is to restore the livelihoods of returnees in Northern Uganda and Karamoja who are affected by warfare, conflict or natural disaster. We oper¬ate in eleven countries in Africa and Asia, The project activities concentrate on community development, education, food security and economic development and water and sanitation, in close cooperation with counter-part structures.
Together with our partner CCF Pader, ZOA will start a 3 year project to Create Employment Opportunities in Pader District. The objective of the project is to increase the capacity of marginalized people and farmer groups to access sustainable livelihoods, social services and participate in decision making. CCF and ZOA will work together with three vocation¬al training centres to train youth in market driven vocational skills, provide community based agricultural income generating skills and promote a business attitude among farmers that are part of ZOA's agricultural econo¬my develop ment project.
To implement this project we wish to recruit for the following positions:
Duty station: Pader District
Supervisor; Programme Manager Pader
Starting date: 1st of November 2010
The Technical Expert Adult Learning and Business Skills will be responsible to map the necessary assessment and develop modules tailor made to the needs of the target groups.
* Conduct in-depth Vocational Training capacity- and needs assessments
* Conduct market demand and access studies to match vocational training with the household needs of returnees
* Develop the various modules for business skills, marketing, technical vocational skills, (vocational) skills embedded literacy, household budgeting and group dynamics
*Training of trainers in the use of the modules
Qualifications and Experience:
* Degree in business management, gender and adult education and/or development studies or other relevant field
* At least three years field experience in adult literacy, providing business skills and promoting rural development
* Motivated to develop new and innovative job creation and business skills leaching methods.
* Familiar with Project Cycle Management
* Command of Luo is an added advantage
*Analytical arid innovative
* Facilitation skills and able to create ownership among the various partners in the project
* Good planning and organizing skills
* Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Apply for this job
Are you a mature personality who is able to express Christian values of Love and Inclusiveness in rehabilitation work and you qualify for one of the positions? Please send your application letter together with curriculum vitae and, names and contacts of three referees of which one is your pastor or priest, to; firstname.lastname@example.org in subject header: vac.nr and job title; when applying by email send ONLY application letter and CV,
Applications are to reach us latest Saturday 2nd of October. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.