Job Title: Environment Officer
Key result areas
• Plan and undertake Environment assessments for LVRLAC Membership and member Local Authorities to determine and prioritize the adaptation/ mitigation needs at the various levels.
• Develop and implement/ deliver relevant environment related proposals suitable for funding in line with the environmental trends like climate variations.
• Competence in implementing environment projects within LVRLAC and other stakeholder approved guidelines.
• Provide assistance within the Lake Victoria Basin Region regarding the statutory and regulatory considerations pertaining to environmental compliance like NEMs, NAPAs and EAC Climate change policy.
• Assist Member Local Authorities in adoption of environmentally friendly best practices as per vulnerability clusters.
• Support the development an improvement if projects within the mandate and scope of LVRLAC.
• Develop and assist staff in environmental awareness programs.
• Compile and analyze information on best practices and lessons learned in Environmental related interventions and outreach activities and disseminate this information to target audiences through reports, brochures, e-newsletter, websites, etc.
• Job requirements: a master’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or urban environmental planning and management.
• Five years working experience at management level in the relevant filed.
• Experience in working on issues of sustainable development.
• A good grasp of the regional environmental issues and policies in relation to the LVRLAC member local authorities.
• Well developed communication skills (verbal, written and e-communication).
• Experience in project management.
• Experience in pro research and publication in the line of environment issues in their region.
Closing date: 9/02/11
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, names of three referees and applicants’ daytime telephone contact should be sent to:
Dama Consultants Limited,
10th Floor Uganda House,
P.O. Box 3967.
Tel: +256-414-235 944