Job Title: Finance Assistant
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation – Posted by The Uganda Jobs – Mbarara, Western Region, Uganda
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Finance Manager
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the disbursement of funds for direct program implementation in the districts supported by the STAR SW project. The Finance Assistant will also ensure the timely and accurate reporting of STAR-SW financial and accounting information.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
* In liaison with the program officers, support the District Health Officer and/or designated district health office staff with the District Based Teams (DBTs) in coming up with the monthly / quarterly cash requests
* Disburse funds to the District Health Officer/designated district health office staff or project-supported activities.
* Ensure timely replenishment of funds to the districts and month end close after review by the Finance Manager and ensure that all requests from the districts rhyme with the district approved budgets
* Participate in monitoring of the implementation of the project funded activities and ensure that they are implemented in line with the agreed upon implementation plan.
* Together with the DBTs, make cash disbursements during program activities/events e.g. Trainings as may be indicated in the project work plan.
* Do the initial coding of all district expenses following the identified program areas in liaison with the responsible Program Officer.
* Prepare monthly activity financial reports.
* Assist the Senior Finance Officer with accurate data entry and ensure that all accountabilities are properly captured.
* In liaison with the Senior Finance Officer, he / she will track monthly advances to the project staff and district teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
University Degree in Business Administration and Accounting or any other relevant degree. Part qualification with a Professional Accounting / Audit e.g. CPA, ACCA, ICSA will be an added advantage.
Working experience of at least 2 years in a similar position, preferably with a USAID funded agency or non governmental organization.
Prospective candidates should have experience working with Local Government partners and have knowledge of their operations.
Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
1. Sound working knowledge on financial management;
2. Excellent interpersonal,
3. Excellent management skills and ability to attend to detail
4. Strong skills in teamwork, networking, facilitation oral and written communication
5. Willingness to travel to the project districts up to 60% of the month.
How to Apply
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Please send cover letter and CV to:
The Country Director/COP
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero
P.O. Box 21127
EGPAF will only contact short-listed applicants. Deadline for submission is 24th February 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.