Job Title: Health Project Coordinator
VSO is an international development agency that works through volunteer professionals to fight global poverty and disadvantage. VSO is seeking to fill the positi on of Health Project Coordinator based in the Gulu programme office
Closing On: Monday, 05 March 2012
Friday, 09 March 2012
Category: < None >
Job Description: VSO is an international development agency that works through volunteer professionals to fight global poverty and disadvantage. VSO is seeking to fi ll the position of Health Project Coordinator based in the Gulu programme office
The job entails: -
• Coordinate all aspects of VSO’s health projects, including activity planning, implementation and financial management.
Partnership development and maintenance
• Support the Deputy Country Director to negotiate and nurture partnerships and actively build and support networks.
• Support the assessment of organisations and agencies as VSO partners.
• Conduct regular visits to partners and volunteers to support the working partnerships.
• Support volunteers, responding to needs as appropriate and liaising with programme team members to ensure issues are effectively addressed.
• Assess volunteers’ professional development needs and deliver support required, such as workshops, exchanges, trainings.
Business Development and Fundraising
• Conduct situational and stakeholder analyses and develop a strategic plan for health programming linked to VSO’s country plan.
• Identify funding opportunities and develop project concepts, proposals and budgets in accordance with VSO’s guidelines and procedures.
Finance and Resource Management
• Manage projects within the agreed budget and monitor all budgets, liaising with the finance and admin team.
Preferred Skills: Qualification and Experience: - Public health background, preferably with a relevant masters degree. Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level. The candidate should have proven experience of fundraising including proposal and report writing. Experience of youth programming in health and livelihoods will be an added advantage.
Closing date: Friday March 9th 2012 at midday.
For a soft copy of the application pack please contact VSO Uganda, Plot 2727 Muyenga Road, P. O. Box 2831 Kampala, Uganda (Opposite Tank-hill Parade) or Tel 0414 268 984/269655/267008, 0312 264 595 or e-mail email@example.com Only applicants who use the application pack will be considered.