Assistant Estates Officer (Mechanical Engineering) (One vacancy)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Designs, budgets for, supervises and coordinates all mechanical works in the University.
2. Ensures that all University machines and equipment are constantly kept in good working order, detects faults/breakages and corrects them.
3. Monitors major capital development projects of a mechanical nature to ensure that design standards are not being compromised.
4. Offers technical and professional advice to the Estates Officer on issues relating to mechanical equipment, works, capital development projects and maintenance of physical infrastructure in the University.
5. Oversees installation, operation, maintenance and repair of machines and ensures that all machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
6. Confers with other engineers, technicians and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve mechanical system malfunctions, and provide required technical information.
7. Prepares reports for the Estates Officer as required.
8. Leads and supervises a team of engineers, technicians and craftsmen under his/her jurisdiction
9. Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by the Estates Officer
1. Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
2. Honours Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
3. Must be a member of Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers.
4. Must be a registered engineer with a valid practicing license from the Engineers Registration Board.
5. Three years experience as an engineer in a reputable organization.
6. Should have good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
7. Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
8. Should be able to work as a member of team.
9. Must be a person of high integrity.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit applications (3 copies) each accompanied by copies of academic transcripts,
certificates, curriculum vitae and recommendation letters from three referees to the address below, not later
than Friday 20th July 2012 at 05.00 pm. Each application letter must bear the post code of the position
Director Human Resources,
1st Floor, Administration Block
P.O. Box 1,
Deadline: 20th July 2012