Senior Legal Officer (1 vacancy)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide legal advice to the University Council, Management and other organs of the University in matters of drafting agreements, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents.
2. Provide clear oral and written interpretation of laws and other statutory instruments relating to the University.
3. Ensure the University compliance with the set policies, regulations and guidelines governing staff and students of the University.
4. Liaise with other organizations managing statutory contributions/ deductions for staff and the University such as NSSF, URA among others.
5. Advise the University Management on all matters of law.
6. Provide Secretariat services to the University Council and its committee.
7. Undertake other duties as may be assigned by University Council or Management from time to time.
1. Must have a Masters degree in Law or equivalent legal qualification.
2. Bachelor degree in Law from a recognised institution.
3. Must have Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
4. Should be an enrolled advocate of the High Court with a valid practicing certificate
5. At least five years as a practicing lawyer/state attorney.
9. Should have good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
10. Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
11. Should be able to work as a member of team.
12. Must be a person of high integrity.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit applications (3 copies) each accompanied by copies of academic transcripts,
certificates, curriculum vitae and recommendation letters from three referees to the address below, not later
than Friday 20th July 2012 at 05.00 pm. Each application letter must bear the post code of the position
Director Human Resources,
1st Floor, Administration Block
P.O. Box 1,
Deadline: 20th July 2012