Senior Internal Auditor (1 vacancy)
Chief Internal Auditor
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supervises, coordinates and participates in audits of University systems to ensure effectiveness controls and accuracy of recorded data.
2. Monitors systems compliance with applicable laws, University policies and procedures.
3. Performs audits of the University operations in accordance with internal auditing professional standards.
4. Assists Chief Internal Auditor to review existing internal controls and determine whether the areas reviewed are performing their planning, accounting, custodial and control functions in compliance with the guidelines.
5. Checks reliability of all records and information systems in the University.
6. Undertakes stock audits to ensure that stock records are at par with physical stock.
7. Undertakes audits of all university processes such as human resource management, admissions and examinations to ensure compliance with approved university policy
8. Provides guidance, and on-the-job training to other staff in the Audit Department.
9. Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
1. Must have a Masters degree in accounting and finance.
2. Must have a relevant Honours Bachelors degree.
3. Full professional accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA.
4. At least five years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
5. Should have good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
6. Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
7. Should be able to work as a member of team.
8. Must be a person of high integrity.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit applications (3 copies) each accompanied by copies of academic transcripts,
certificates, curriculum vitae and recommendation letters from three referees to the address below, not later
than Friday 20th July 2012 at 05.00 pm. Each application letter must bear the post code of the position
Director Human Resources,
1st Floor, Administration Block
P.O. Box 1,
Deadline: 20th July 2012