Job Title: Head, Continuity, Resolution and Crisis Preparedness Section
1. JOB REF : FSD 3.03
2. JOB TITLE: Head, Continuity, Resolution and Crisis Preparedness Section
3. RANK: SPBO/PBO
4. REPORTS TO: Deputy/Assistant Director, Financial Infrastructure Oversight Division
5. SUPERVISES: N/A
6. JOB PURPOSE: To perform assessment of systemic financial infrastructure continuity and contingency planning, and take the lead in ensuring adequate financial crisis preparedness and management.
7. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess the robustness of continuity plans of the systemically important financial infrastructure.
• Develop resilience benchmarks for financial system including payment systems and utilize them to assess crisis preparedness and the efficiency of the financial infrastructure.
• Design and run Market Wide Exercises (MWEs) to test and improve collective crisis response plans for the financial infrastructure in various sectors.
• Identify concentration or dependencies that could be potential areas of vulnerability and initiate actions needed to improve resilience.
• Undertake regular assessments to test BoU crisis preparedness arrangements and draft a financial crisis management plan.
• Coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure payment system continuity and overall readiness to handle a systemic financial crisis.
• Work with Commercial Banking Department to evaluate the Bank Resolution Regime and propose policy measures to enhance the resolution framework for supervised financial institutions.
• Review whether payment systems meet international best practice and propose measures to address any identified weaknesses.
• Provide write-ups for the bi-monthly and bi-annual reports on risk in financial infrastructure continuity, resolution and crisis preparedness.
• Pursue any other duties as assigned by the Director, the Head of the Division.
8. EXPECTED OUTPUTS:
• Quarterly Reports on continuity and contingency risks in financial infrastructure.
• Quarterly report on payment system statistics.
• Updated strategy to ensure that BoU is prepared to handle a systemic financial crisis.
• Regular policy recommendations to enhance systemic bank resolution.
• Bi-Annual report on Payment systems developments as part of the FSR
9. PERSON SPECIFICATION:
• First or Upper Second class Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
• A Master’s degree in one of the following fields; Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
• At least 4 years’ relevant working experience in a related field.
• Experience in the following would be an added advantage; financial planning, strategy and reporting, knowledge of accounting principles, statistical and financial modelling, financial risk analysis, corporate governance, banking law, business analysis.
• 30 – 38 years
• A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Primarily MS Word and MS Excel)
• Knowledge of financial markets
• Knowledge of banks operations
• Econometrics Packages such as SAS, PcGive, E-Views, Stata, SPSS
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
How to Apply:
All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment
Application on the BoU website, www.bou.or.ug under Careers in BoU. Careers in
BoU is located at the top right menu and bottom right menu. Guidelines on
procedures can be accessed using the hyperlink Bank of Uganda iRecruitment
· Candidates MUST ensure that they indicate the class of their degree(s) in their
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb. Multiple
documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached.
Candidates will be required to use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format
which is available under Careers in BoU. This Curriculum Vitae form after being
filled can then be uploaded onto iRecruitment Oracle when applying for the
advertised position of your choice. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae
Format other than the uploaded format shall be disqualified.
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
· The appointing authority reserves the right to appoint a new employee to a
higher or lower level than advertised as deemed fit.
To reach NOT later than 5:00pm on August 31, 2012
Deadline: 31st Aug 2012