Job Title: Assistant Legal Officer
The Assistant Legal Officers will be under the direct supervision of the legal officer and are responsible for receiving interviewing and counseling clients.
• Receiving and interviewing clients.
• Providing legal advice and counseling to clients.
• Drafting Legal advice and counseling to clients.
• Conducting research and preparing legal briefs and opinions for legal Officers.
• Accompanying and assisting lawyers in court upon demand
• Conducting and facilitating mediation and other forms of alternative dispute Resolutions.
• Conducting legal and human rights sensitization programmes.
• Generating articles for Newsletters and journals from activities and programmes.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director, Head, Legal Aid Services, Legal officer or other supervisors.
a) LLB and having completed a post graduate diploma in legal practice
b) At least having skills to conduct ADR.
c) Ability to speak the local language may be additional advantage
d) Computer literacy
e) Tested skills in ADR and advocacy.
f) An open and result oriented approach to work
g) Team building skills
h) Good report writing skills
i) Integrity, confidentiality and the ability to accomplish tasks promptly under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted not later than 24th of August 2012 and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Uganda Law Society/Legal Aid Project
Plot 5a, Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 426,
Deadline: 24th Aug 2012