Job Title: Public Health Dental Officer
JOB REF : MEDCL 1.6
TITLE : PUBLIC HEALTH DENTAL OFFICER
RANK : MSUP
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR, MEDICAL SERVICES
SUPERVISES : DENTAL NURSE
To be part of a team that ensures the provision of Oral Health Services to all Bank staff, their entitled dependants and all other entitled persons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLE:
• To review and register patients.
• To retrieve, file and manage patients records.
• To prepare surgery rooms for work including cleaning of instruments.
• To provide emergency dental treatment to patients in need of this service.
• To provide restorative dental services.
• To perform minor oral surgery.
• To provide chair side assistance to dental surgeon on duty.
• To provide and promote preventive oral health services.
• To promote public awareness among patients on the importance of good oral health through dental health education.
• To participate in generating periodic administrative and/or clinic reports, including work plans and budgets.
• Any other assignment by the director Medical
• Dental extractions
• Teeth conserved with appropriate filling materials
• Health education to patients
• Work plans and budgets
• Clinical reports on work performance and trends
• Good patient data file management/system
• Diploma in Dental Public Health.
• Registration with “Allied Health Professional Council” (P.H.D.O)
• Minimum of 3 (three) years in a busy reputable institution.
• 30-39 years
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of professional code of conduct.
• Computer knowledge
How to Apply:
All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment
Application on the BoU website, www.bou.or.ug under Careers in BoU. Careers in
BoU is located at the top right menu and bottom right menu. Guidelines on
procedures can be accessed using the hyperlink Bank of Uganda iRecruitment
· Candidates MUST ensure that they indicate the class of their degree(s) in their
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb. Multiple
documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached.
Candidates will be required to use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format
which is available under Careers in BoU. This Curriculum Vitae form after being
filled can then be uploaded onto iRecruitment Oracle when applying for the
advertised position of your choice. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae
Format other than the uploaded format shall be disqualified.
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
· The appointing authority reserves the right to appoint a new employee to a
higher or lower level than advertised as deemed fit.
To reach NOT later than 5:00pm on August 31, August2012
Deadline: 31st Aug 2012