Job Title: HEad, Policy Analysis and Systemic Oversight Section
1. JOB REF : FSD 3.04
2. JOB TITLE: Head, Policy Analysis and Systemic Oversight Section
3. RANK: SPBO/PBO
4. REPORTS TO: Deputy/Assistant Director Financial Infrastructure Oversight Division
5. SUPERVISES: Head, Payment System Statistics and Analysis Unit
6. JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for analysis and modeling of systemic risk from financial infrastructure and for formulating related regulatory policy framework in collaboration with other relevant Departments in BoU.
7. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and monitor financial infrastructure, payment systems and institutions that are systemically important for financial stability.
• Conduct regular analysis on the value of payments, interconnectedness, safety, efficiency of financial infrastructure.
• Undertake scenario and stress testing of key risks to the payment systems and develop risk profiles.
• Assess the quality of the financial regulatory framework for payment systems; evaluate likely sources of risks in the regulatory architecture to formulate scenarios for stress testing.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the financial regulatory framework for payment systems and propose policy and regulatory measures to strengthen the legal system to help reduce systemic risk.
• Coordinate with relevant BoU Departments and external stakeholders such as the UCC to draw up policy proposals to address regulatory weaknesses that may give rise to systemic risks in the payment systems.
• Ensure that an up-to-date database of quarterly statistics of the payment infrastructure is compiled and updated on a regular basis.
• Initiate write ups of bi-monthly and bi-annual reports on payment systems and financial infrastructure.
• Pursue any other duties as assigned by the Director, the Head of the division.
8. EXPECTED OUTPUTS:
• Regular early warning reports on risks in payments and settlement systems.
• An updated database of payment statistics of the financial infrastructure.
• Regular policy recommendations on payment system regulatory policies.
• Bi-monthly and Bi-annual reports on payment systems, financial infrastructure and the regulatory environment.
• Timely advice on the prioritization of efforts to minimize disruption and reduce vulnerabilities.
9. PERSON SPECIFICATION:
• First or Upper Second class Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics and computer Science.
• A Master’s degree in one of the following fields; Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
• At least 4 years’ relevant working experience in a related field.
• Experience in the following would be an added advantage; financial planning, statistical and financial modelling, payment systems, risk analysis, information technology, business analysis.
30 – 38 years
• A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Primarily MS Word and MS Excel)
• Knowledge of payments systems
• Econometrics Packages such as SAS, PcGive, E-Views, Stata, SPSS
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
How to Apply:
All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment
Application on the BoU website, www.bou.or.ug under Careers in BoU. Careers in
BoU is located at the top right menu and bottom right menu. Guidelines on
procedures can be accessed using the hyperlink Bank of Uganda iRecruitment
· Candidates MUST ensure that they indicate the class of their degree(s) in their
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb. Multiple
documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached.
Candidates will be required to use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format
which is available under Careers in BoU. This Curriculum Vitae form after being
filled can then be uploaded onto iRecruitment Oracle when applying for the
advertised position of your choice. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae
Format other than the uploaded format shall be disqualified.
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
· The appointing authority reserves the right to appoint a new employee to a
higher or lower level than advertised as deemed fit.
To reach NOT later than 5:00pm on August 31, 2012
Deadline: 31st Aug 2012