Job Title: Finance Officer, UK-PCDP
Duty Station: Gulu
Terms: 1(one) year contract, renewable
Age: 30 and above
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Qualifications and work experience
1. Honors degree in Commerce, Business Administration(Accounting or Finance Option), Accounting, Finance, or related field from a recognized university/institution
2. A post graduate qualification in Financial Management or a related field is an added advantage.
3. A Full accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA is a must
4. At least 5 years of practical experience in financial management or related accounting duties in a busy public or private organization.
5. Experience in financial management of donor funded programmes and GoU systems & procedures
1. Demonstratable ability to prepare & interpret financial statements and books of accounts, including management accounts
2. High level of interpersonal and management skills & ability to work with teams at all levels.
3. High analytical capacity, thoroughness, accuracy & attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Carry out the day-to-day financial operations of the project in consultation with the Programme Coordinator;
2. Analyze quarterly and annual budgets of the implementing Partners
3. Monitor and report on financial trends of implementing partners and the Programme, and provide advice on replenishment requests.
4. Produce within agreed time frames and in standard formats, monthly financial statements and financial management reports for management decision making.
5. Assist the Programme Coordinator in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, for presentation to the Programme Steering Committee, and other relevant parties.
6. Assist the Programme Coordinator to put in place and implement adequate internal controls for management of project financial resources to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and economic use of the resources.
7. Assist the Programme Coordinator to evaluate PCDP financial performance of implementing Partners against set targets for the determination of expenditure priorities and the timely replenishment of funds.
8. Assist the Programme Coordinator to manage disbursement of all funds to implementing partners (according to approved workplans).
9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Programme Coordinator.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and at least two competent referees, one of whom MUST be from your current or previous employer should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Office of the Prime Minister, Postal Building, 6th floor Yusuf Lule Road P .O. Box 341, Kampala.
To reach him not later than Friday 17th August, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall
Deadline: 17th Aug 2012