Job Title: Deputy Director Technical Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre
DUTY STATION: Gulu
TERMS OF SERVICE: One year contract, renewable
AGE: 35 Years & Above
REPORTS TO: Director, Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre
Qualification & Working experience
• Applicants should have an Honours Bachelors Degree in either Engineering, B.A Industrial Art & Design, Bsc. Agriculture from a recognised PAM, Social Science, MBA, Development Studies or any other related to Management Science from a recognised University/Institution.
• Must have a Masters Degree in Business Administration, Public/Administration and Management Project Planning & Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or a related field from a recognised University/Institution.
• Must have either a Certificate or Diploma in Technical Teacher Education (CTTE/DTTE) OR Certificate in Vocational Training Instruction (CVTI)
• A technical qualification in training of trainers or training of instructors for Business, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) would be an added advantage
• Must have a minimum of 9 (nine) years of experience in technical and vocational training, at least 3 (three) of which should have been gained at the level of programme development and management.
• Knowledge and practise of modularised training based on standards and a qualification framework for assessment
• Private and public sector experience in skills development
• Developing an employment-oriented curriculum
• Familiarity with relevant research in skill development
• Familiarity with the Northern conflict and its educational and social impact on the youth of Northern Uganda
Duties & Responsibilities
The Deputy Director Technical has direct responsibility for management of NUYDC’s training programmes, including oversight and quality assurance of programmes delivered by training partners. In particular, the Deputy Director is expected to:
• Ensure efficient implementation of all training programmes delivered by the Centre and its network of training providers
• Ensure the integrity of internal and external examinations
• Oversee the development of training curricula
• Manage processes and procedures of admissions
• Quality assure training programmes delivered by training partners
• Manage training staff
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and at least two competent referees, one of whom MUST be from your current or previous employer should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Office of the Prime Minister, Postal Building, 6th floor Yusuf Lule Road P .O. Box 341, Kampala.
To reach him not later than Friday 17th August, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall
Deadline: 17th Aug 2012