Job Title: SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR (1)
Job Ref.: UBOS/HRM/2012/42
Salary Scale: UBOSP3
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design risk based audit programs; plans and executes audits in accordance with
generally accepted Auditing standards and International Professional Practices
2. Plans and conducts internal audits of various department functions including
operational and financial audits. Conducts contract audits to determine compliance
with contractual obligations.
3. Reviews internal policies and procedures to ensure they are written clearly,
comprehensively, provide sufficient internal controls, and are in compliance with laws,
regulations, policies and procedures.
4. Obtains, analyzes and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed objective
5. Documents audit work and findings in accordance with the policies, standards and
procedures in place.
6. Review relevant policies and procedures and as applicable; laws and regulations.
7. Reviews work papers and reports of the Auditor.
8. Prepare quarterly audit reports.
9. Follows up on audit recommendations to assure implementation of promised
10. Performs special audits, investigations and reviews, as assigned.
11. Performs ad hoc financial investigations.
12. Conducting any other related task that may be assigned by the management
A Bachelors degree in Commerce; Business Administration (Accounting Option) and
membership to professional bodies like ACCA, CPA or CIIA or MBA (accounting
At least 4 years working experience in a reputable organization in the area of Audit
Must be proficient in the use of computer using the relevant auditing or financial
Must possess good analytical and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The closing date for receiving applications is November 23, 2012, at 5.00pm. Applications
indicating three referees with their contact addresses, the applicant’s postal address, e-mail,
and telephone contacts and copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to
the following address;
The Deputy Executive Director - Corporate Services,
Uganda Bureau of Statistics,
Plot 9, Colville Street, P.O Box 7186, Kampala.
Tel.: +256-41-4706000 Fax +25641-4237533/230370.
Deadline: 23rd Nov 2012