Job Title: HIV/AIDS Prevention Specialist
The Mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute is to strengthen health systems in Africa with a strong emphasis on infectious Diseases, through research and capacity development .
• Degree in Nursing or related relevant health sciences obtained from a recognized institution
• Additional training in a related field e.g HIV/AIIDS counseling including couple counseling and PTIC is essential
• Updated registration with the relevant Professional Councils in Uganda
• At least 5 years of practical experience in HIV prevention interventions with some time spent in busy HIV Care and prevention programs
• Experience in Institutional capacity especially working with MoH structures and systems
• Experience in training and mentoring of health professionals in HCT and other HIV prevention approaches
• Proven experience in supporting health facilities in setting up HIV testing points , linkage and referral systems for audits , pregnant women and Children .
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
How to apply
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand -deliver , email or post an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two or post an application letter with a detailed CV , naming at least two professional referees to;
The Manager , Human Resources
Infectious Diseases Institute
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
Mulago Hospital Complex,
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala
Deadline: 18 /10 /2013