Job Title: Program Specialist, Helping Babies Breathe Plus
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries .
• Provides support to the line Manager in planning , implementing , monitoring and management with particular focus on MOH , HBB+ strategy.
• He/she coordinates trainings , integration and expansion of newborn health programming and partnerships
• In addition , he/she provides innovative and technical leadership in the areas of maternal , newborn health : training materials development , evidence –based policy advocacy , behavioral change communication and support supervision for both community and health facility level as it relates to these areas
• The Specialist may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis .
• Minimum of a degree in MBChB , Nursing /midwifery , Public Health or related field . A Post graduate qualifications health is an added advantage
• At least 4 years work experience in health /public health and or in maternal and newborn health in public health and or in maternal and newborn health in public health and or in maternal and newborn health in public or an international NGO
• Experience in report writing , proposal development , budgeting , implementation , monitoring and evaluation .
How to apply
Application letters with detailed CV indicating 3 referees , two of whom should have direct supervisors should be submitted to;
The Director of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children , Plot 68 /70, Kira Road ,
P. O.Box 12018, Kampala
Deadline: 18 /10 /2013