Job Title: Procurement Officer
The National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005
• Coordinating and preparing the institute procurement plans and budgets outlining key activities to be undertaken , the projected costs , funding sources as well as expected costs, funding sources as well as expected outputs .
• Developing and implementing a flexible and responsive procurement and supplies system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining to date inventory of goods and services
• Liaising with the Head Procurement and Disposal Unit at NARO Secretariat on centrally managed procurements
• Performing any other duties assigned to you by the Director and the designated supervisor
• A good university degree in either Procurement and Logistics Management , Business Administration (Procurement and Supplies Management option) with at least three years working experience in procurement or a good degree in Commerce or Social Sciences with at least four years working experience in a reputable organization.
• Possession of at least Level V of professional qualification of a Chattered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) a must.
• Applicants must not be above 40 years .
How to apply
Interested persons with the above requirements should submit applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone numbers and names and addresses of 3 referees as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned ,
The Director General ,
National Agricultural Research Organization,
P. o. Box 295, Entebbe
Deadline: 01 /11 /2013