BANK OF UGANDA
Job Title: Legal Officer, Financial Institutions Regulation.
Reports To: PBO/SPBO Financial Institutions Regulation.
Terms: 2 years Renewable Contract.
- To provide legal support services in the Financial Institutions Regulation Section, Legal Department,
Bank of Uganda.
- Reviewing and drafting legislation, policies and guidelines and provision of legal relating to regulation of
non-bank financial institutions, micro finance deposit-taking institutions (MDIs), forex bureaus and licensed
money institutions (MFIs) and SACCOs.
- A First Class Degree or Second (Upper) Class Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- A Post-graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- A post graduate degree in either commercial/business or banking & finance law will be an added
a minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in the legal section of a financial or institution.
Relevant skills / competences:
- Good knowledge in Financial sector.
- Demonstrated initiative(s) in financial sector regulatory framework.
- Good legal drafting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Age Limit: Not more than 30 years.
Applications must be accompanied by;
- A detailed Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three referees and their contacts.
Applications should be addressed to;
Human Resource Department,
Bank of Uganda,
P.O Box 7129,
Deadline: 22 Dec 2010