Job Title: Local Rights Program Coordinator
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
ActionAid Uganda seeks to recruit two (2) competent persons to fill the position of Local Rights Program Coordinators. The vacancies exist in the Local Rights Programs of Kapchorwa and Namutumba Districts.
Unit: Local Rights Program
Reports To: Program Development Manager
To provide overall leadership and supervision in the planning and implementation of programs and sponsorship activities in the Local Rights Program in line with the Country Strategic Paper.
Key Result Areas:
1. Provide Leadership in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the performance of the Local Rights Program strategy and plans in accordance with the Country Strategic Paper and organizational policies.
2. Overall accounting officer to manage the budget and ensure financial control within the Local Rights Program in accordance with the Finance Policy and Procedures Manual and other organizational policies.
3. Take lead into resource mobilization for the Local Rights programs by developing concepts and proposals for identified funding priorities/gaps in line with the Local Rights Program strategy and Country Strategic Paper.
4. Supervise, motivate, appraise staff and build the capacity of staff and partners in line with the HRP and other organizational policies and procedures.
5. Develop, maintain linkages and provide technical support to strategic local and District movements, networks and coalitions in line with the Local Rights Program strategy, Country Strategic Paper and partnerships guidelines.
6. Plan and coordinate sponsorship activities within the Local Rights Program in line with Sponsorship Policy and communication guidelines.
7. Plan and Coordinate field monitoring activities and provide periodic reports on the Local Rights program work.
8. Plan and Coordinate technical support to partners and communities in the Implementation and documentation of alternative models and best practices for shared learning in line with Accountability Learning & Planning Systems.
• Partner capacity assessment and building
• Child sponsorship methodologies
• Networking and community mobilisation
• Documenting, record management and reporting
• Fundraising and resource mobilization
• Poverty and Gender analysis
• People Management skills
• Planning and Budgeting
• Resources management
• Financial Management and Control
• Leadership skills
• Project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Advocacy and lobbying skills
• Negotiation skills
A minimum of a Bachelor in Development Studies or appropriate Social Science discipline or its equivalent with at least 3-4 years relevant experience from a reputable organization. A relevant post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
Applications should be sent with a CV, cover letter and contact names and details of at least three (3) referees to:-
The HROD Director,
ActionAid International Uganda,
P.O. Box 676, Kampala
Not later than 13th May 2011. We will respond only to short listed candidates. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International is an equal opportunities employer.