Job Title: Programme Advisor
GOAL is an International Humanitarian Organisation working in Uganda. Our mandate is to work to ensure that the poor and vulnerable are able to exercise their fundamental rights and meet their basic needs. GOAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against HIV positive people or people with disabilities. GOAL is committed to the safety and protection of children in our care from intentional and unintentional harm. Candidates will therefore be expected to comply with GOAL Uganda’s child protection policy. GOAL is also committed to gender equality throughout the organisation and to addressing the basic rights and needs of vulnerable populations throughout the developing world by focusing on gender issues across the full range of sectors within existing policies, development strategies and priorities. GOAL reserves the right to reject any application from a candidate who is currently employed by a local partner organization.
GOAL seeks to recruit competent persons for the position of;
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director – Programmes, the Livelihoods Programmes Advisor will be responsible for developing livelihood strategies and policy for GOAL Uganda to improve future effectiveness and impact. He/She will be responsible for learning and building on current successes to ensure that more of our poor procedures and consumers are able to sustanibaly access and benefit from opening markets.
• University Degree in livelihoods or related discipline;
• Minimum of five years livelihood project management experience at international level;
• Very good knowledge of; household food security, markets and value chain addition and savings and loans;
• Proven ability to write good project concepts, familiar with log frames and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
• Proven ability to develop successful donor proposals and high quality reports, good command of English;
• Working knowledge of computer packages like Ms Word, Excel and email communication.
• Experience of working for international organisations and international NGOs Management qualifications;
• Working knowledge of major donors including USAID, EU, and major donor government development agencies
Applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including current or most recent employer) & daytime contact number by 16h May 2011. Only Short listed applicants will be contacted. Applications should be hand delivered or sent to:
The Human Resource and Administration Coordinator, GOAL Uganda, P.O. Box 33140, Kampala, Lubbobo Close, Muyenga, next to DED or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.