Job Title: Energy Economist
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development is inviting candidates for the vacant position above.
Scope of Work
· Critically review and analyze the economic and financial aspects of various project proposals submitted to the Ministry and advise on the way forward .
· Analyze the sector policies and actions and their impact on the national economy as an input for policy reviews
· Assist the Advisor to the Chairman of the EMD-SWG to consolidate the development of the Energy and Minerals Development Sector Investment Plan .
· A Master’s Degree in Economics , Economics/Statistics , or Quantitative Economics .
· At least 8 years of practical working experience in the Public private sector , four of which should be in an energy related sector ,In particular , shall have significant experience in policy formulation, financial and economics analysis of energy projects .
· Ability to analyze economic impacts of policy measures put in place by Government .
· Ability to Monitor and evaluate impacts of Government policies and programs in the energy sector .
· Ability to use statistical computer packages like Eviews , Stata , SAS , etc will be an added advantage .
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match any of these roles, please email your application quoting the relevant job title to Executive Selection Division ,, KPMG at the following email address : email@example.com.
Please attach your CV containing your email address , daytime telephone contact , qualifications , working experience , present position and names and addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages ) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position . Do not attach any other documents at this point .
All applications should be sent via email . Please clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email .
Deadline: 20 /09 /2013