Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Quality Assurance)
U. S. Mission , Uganda is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position mentioned above .
• Education required : Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology is required .Additional six months hands-on post-graduation training in a clinical setting is required .Registration with the Ministry of Health Allied Health Professional Council is required.
• Work experience required . A minimum of five years working in a clinical laboratory setting either HIV/AIDS health care or a national reference laboratory or research oriented facility is required of which three years were in implementing or overseeing laboratory quality systems
• Knowledge required. Comprehensive knowledge and experience in advanced laboratory medicine is required including a comprehensive knowledge of procedures for laboratory diagnostics laboratory informatics and associated technologies .Through knowledge of the current HIV/AIDS national and global situation is required . Good working knowledge of the principles of laboratory management including strategic planning , personal management and forecasting and management of procurement supplies and equipment is required .
• After an initial application screening applicants will be invited to a testing process that may include a written examination and oral interviews.
• The selected candidate must pass pre-employment medical and security investigations before beginning work . The initial appointment period is one year , subject to renewal .
• Normally candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated per grade. In some instances , candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant .
• The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the concurrence of the employing section.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of application ;
University Application for Employment as a Locally Employed staff of Family Member , A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their application . Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a cord national preference in hiring with their application. Any other documentation that addresses the qualifications requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application to
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
Deadline; 13 /09 /2013