Job Title: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: MANAGER FINANCIAL SERVICES
To provide support services to the ERA Corporate Finance function by ensuring accuracy and efficiency in processing transactions and effective compliance with set policies and procedures
• Prompt and accurate filling of Electronic Tax Returns
• Management of withholding tax interface with suppliers, including following up prompt provision of withholding tax certificates
• Jointly responsible for banking and withdrawals
• Understand the ERA revenue cycle and ensure prompt invoicing
• Competently manage cash float imprest for day to day cash needs of the organization
• Responsibility for safe custody of all petty cash office premises
• Ensure project advances are available to relevant staff in good time and properly accounted for.
• Maintain an up to date Non-Current Asset register
• Liaise with the PDU to ensure all ERA Non –Current Assets are prudently insured.
• Support the Management Accountant with inputs into the Budget process.
• Responsibility for the prompt and accurate filling of URA Electronic Tax Returns
• Ensure continuity of Expenditure Accountant Functions when primary office holder is absent
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Good analytical skills,
• Proficiency with Computerized Accounting packages especially Microsoft Dynamic NAV, Proficient in the use of Spreadsheets,
• Tax competence and budget basics,
• A team player with attention to detail and good communication skills
• Diploma in commerce , Accounting, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
• Should be a registered student with an IFAC recognized body like ACCA, CPA etc and have successfully finished the foundation level.
• Any Advance Qualification will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in a reputable/comparable organization.
AGE: At least 25 years but not more than 35 years
The successful candidates will be paid a competitive salary.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit by recorded delivery their applications and enclose copies of:
• Address (including daytime telephone, fax or e-mail) of the applicants
• Address (including daytime telephone ,fax of e-mail) of three referees
The Director Financial & Administretive Services
Electricty Rugulatory Authority
Plot 15 Shimoni Road
P.O.Box 10332, Kampala- Uganda
To reach the above address by September 07, 2012 at 5.00pm; Applicants who do not meet the above minimum requiements need not to apply.
NB. Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or staff of ERA Secretariat shall not be accepted as referees.
Canvassing or any attempt at it will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from ERA within 2 months after the closing date, regard yourself as un successful.
ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY
Plot 15 Shimoni Road, Nakasero P.O.Box 10332, Kampala
Tel: 341852/646, Fax 341624,
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012