Job Title: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Principal Human Resource and Admin’ Officer
To provide administrative support to ensure that ERA’s administrative arrangements and facilities are maintained with a high standard of operational efficiency enabling staff to fulfill the ERA mandate.
• Manage ERA’s fleet in accordance with motor vehicle policy
• Support in planning and organizing all ERA premises maintenance works in the set procedures.
• Manage all ERA office assets, equipment and maintain an accurate and up to date register of furniture and other accessories.
• Monitor Leave Rota and advise on emerging changes
• Monitoring of the contracts of various service providers to ensure value for money to the Authority
• Assist in maintaining an accurate up- to date records on all motor vehicles and ensuring that license and insurance renewal for all vehicles are done on time
• Logistical support in organizing staff meetings while ensuring timely documentation of staff meeting proceedings
• Assist in preparation/coordination of all recruitment process in ERA and support the HR in filling all relevant documents in an orderly and timely manner.
• Maintaining applicants databases for all different positions and update them as and when it is necessary.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office packages
• Excellent report writing skills
• Must be patient and with a calm demeanor.
Able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Diploma in public Administration and Management , Human Resources, Management or related discipline
Other relevant and advanced qualifications will be an added advantage.
AGE: At least 25 years but not more than 35 years
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit by recorded delivery their applications and enclose copies of:
• Address (including daytime telephone, fax or e-mail) of the applicants
• Address (including daytime telephone ,fax of e-mail) of three referees
The Director Financial & Administretive Services
Electricty Rugulatory Authority
Plot 15 Shimoni Road
P.O.Box 10332, Kampala- Uganda
To reach the above address by September 07, 2012 at 5.00pm; Applicants who do not meet the above minimum requiements need not to apply.
NB. Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or staff of ERA Secretariat shall not be accepted as referees.
Canvassing or any attempt at it will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from ERA within 2 months after the closing date, regard yourself as un successful.
ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY
Plot 15 Shimoni Road, Nakasero P.O.Box 10332, Kampala
Tel: 341852/646, Fax 341624,
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012