Job Title: GBV Specialist
MIFUMI is a development and Women’s Rights NGO working to strengthen community based and civil society responses to Gender Based Violence .
· Capacity Building /Training
· Deliver training and mentorship to District level program managers and teams (external and internal)
· Train GBV staff to become leaders of GBV prevention and response. Depending on skills sets and required roles, trainings may include gender , guiding principles of addressing GBV, GBV case management , referral pathway development facilitation skills, mobilization , project cycle management etc.
· Develop self-guided learning plans for GBV staff
· Advanced degree in law, Gender studies, Social Work , Public Health , Interpersonal Development or other relevant field preferred
· Three years of field experience , including experience in GBV program management and GBV coordination
· Profound cross –cultural awareness
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
· Additional Conditions: Current knowledge of development and human rights dimension of gender and GBV, including relevant international human rights standards, strong inter-personal , communication , and networking skills , and excellent Computer skills ; Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS word, Excel, etc,) experience in handling of web based management systems.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the criteria of any of the jobs above and are interested in working within a dynamic and engaging team then deliver your application including CV, in soft copy with the subject e.g Legal Officer clearly indicating the position of work you are interested in.
Alternatively Hand deliver to MIFUMI Offices in Tororo or Kampala on the following address;
The Administrator , MIFUMI,
Plot 1 Masaka Road ,
P. O. Box 274, Tororo
Or MIFUMI Offices in Kampala;
Located at Plot 62A,
Ntinda 11 Road
Deadline: 09 /09/ 2013