Job Title: Program Officer
The SPRING Organization in Uganda is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant vacancy mentioned .
· Identify and coordinate among all key partiners /stakeholders supporting the formation of a Nutrition Social Mobilization Strategy development team.
· Ensure regular coordination among the three stakeholder groups developing the discrete pieces of the broader SBCC strategy and report back to the OPM on the progress of the team , solving any issues as they may arise .
· Work under the supervision of the Assistant Commissioner , Directorate of Policy Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation , to manage the initial implementation of the finalized SBCC strategy.
· Farmiliarity /understanding of the Ugandan context , the nutrition situation in Uganda , key stakeholders , the SUN Uganda platform , donor nutrition and agriculture related priorities , and other relevant nutrition programming .
· Relevant previous experience in the development of national level SBCC and/or social mobilization /nutrition education /communication –related strategies and/or the provision of major technical support for strategy development
· Ability to monitor and coordinate implementation plans , targets , objectives and indicators .
· Advanced university degree in Communication , Social Sciences , Behavioral Sciences, Public Health , Nutrition or other related field . A master’s degree in Health Communication is an added advantage .
· A minimum of 5 years experience working in health related communication, and /or social /community mobilization
· Excellent coordination skills , negotiation skills and oral and written communication skills .
· Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task
· Ugandan national are strongly preferred
How to apply
Applications should be addressed and delivered to the addressed below;
The Country Manager
JSI Research and Training Institute
Block 01 Plot 295, Kaciika, Kacence,
OR On 2nd Floor, UHMG House, Plot 20-21/27-28,
Martys Cresent , Ntinda.
Deadline: 13 /09 / 2013