Job Title: National Program Officer
United Nations Human Rights is inviting candidates for the vacant opportunity mentioned above.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of human rights –related matters ; ability to identify problems ,i.e, potential , ethics , racial gender-based , social economics ,etc, causing civil unrest in a country or geographic area, demonstrated research and analytical skills , indicating the ability to identify and participate in the resolution relevant issues/problems ; basic knowledge of institutional mandates, policies , guidelines , etc related to human rights , skill in developing sources for data collection.
· Good analytical skills .
· Resourcefulness, initiative , maturity of judgment, tact , negotiating skills .
· Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing .
· Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
· University degree in law , political sciences, international relations , social sciences or in any other discipline related to human rights .
· Advanced studies in the area of human rights
· Master’s or equivalent -would be an asset.
How to apply
Applications must indicate a typed cover letter clearly indicating vacancy announcement number , post title , a detailed UN P11 form , and copy of degrees and/or certificates , as well as the local language be or she speaks . As well applications will not be considered unless it includes a detailed CV, UNP11 form and copies of university level education transcripts, degrees and certificates . Please submit your application to the following address;
Head of Office
P. O. Box 7184,
Kampala , Uganda
Deadline: 16 / 09 / 2013