Job Title: Research Officer
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated , locally driven solutions .
• Contribute to the design and management of CHC research development and implementation systems
• Develop and conduct training for research staff on research SOPs, USAID/GOU regulations etc
• Guided by supervisor , work closely with the M&E officer , Data Manager , and Senior Technical officers to
• Determine needed data and formulate , and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures
• BS/BA in public health or related field and at least 9-11 years relevant experience and professional level of knowledge and expertise in research methods and application; OR MS/MA/MPH and 7-9 years relevant experience and professional level of knowledge and expertise in research methods and application .
• Computer proficiency in word processing , databases , spreadsheets , including working knowledge in at least two of the following programs : SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, and Stata .
• Strong qualitative and analytic skills in any of the following NVvo, HyperRESEARCH , Atlas TI
• Experience supervising and mentoring field and data collection staff .
How to apply
Please indicate the Job Title on the envelope or the subject email section for those applying via email.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package . Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV/resume including salary requirements to;
The Human Resource , FHI 360 Plot 15 Kitante Close ,
P. O.Box 5768 Kampala , Uganda
Deadline: 20 /09 /2013