Job Title: CLINICAL OFFICER- (3 POSITIONS)
Will be required to assess the clinical problems of clients, carry out circumcisions and head a team responsible for circumcision at a KCC health centre, He/ she must treat each client with dignity and respect.
• Perform circumcision surgery for adults at fixed or mobile sites.
• Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
• Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
• Ensure that all activities as pertains to circumcision are done according to the standard operating procedures.
• Communicate professionally in writing standard operating procedures.
• Communicate professionally in writing
• Work with the KCC clinic to provide HIV care and treatment for clients who need the service
• Participates as a full member of the 1DI-KCC care team by communicating effectively and liaising with other members of the interdisciplinary team
• Willingness to work extra hours
• Other duties as required.
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Heath
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals' Council
• At least 3 years of post-qualification professional experience
•Demonstrated experience in counseling and facilitation, especially as they pertain to MMC issues.
• Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda
• Formal training in the clinical aspects of circumcision service delivery, including training of trainers
• Formal HIV ART and Palliative Care training for clinical officers
• Use of computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to communicate with patients in local language
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
•Ability for team work
How to apply
Qualified and interested persons may apply online on our website: http://idi.mak.ac.ug, Hand deliver, post OR email an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 22nd February 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.,