Job Title: Project Evaluation Consultant
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Closing date: 04 Apr 2011
Location: Uganda - Kampala
We are currently seeking a Project Evaluation Consultant for a short-term assignment to evaluate ACDI/VOCA’s USAID Title II Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in Uganda. The anticipated start date is mid- to late April 2011 with in-country travel scheduled for May 2011. The Project Evaluation Consultant will work with an Evaluation Team Leader to assess achievements to date against program objectives and activity targets. The Consultant will carry out evaluation activities in the ACDI/VOCA Kampala office and in the field in order to produce a concise, readable report that evaluates and documents the impact of ACDI/VOCA’s activities. Additionally, the report shall highlight the relevance, effectiveness, accomplishments and sustainability of program components.
• With direction from Evaluation Team Leader, design a detailed methodology and schedule to evaluate key project indicators.
• Conduct, as needed, field visits, key informant interviews, focus groups and surveys to investigate the primary evaluation questions.
• Assess the effectiveness, relevance and efficiency of the program in achieving its intended objectives and intermediate results as outlined in the program’s results framework.
• Determine the level of ownership and satisfaction stakeholders and beneficiaries have with the program’s results. Help program management and stakeholders identify successes and challenges to date and reasons for these successes and challenges.
• Determine the sustainability of results. The evaluation should inform future program design and implementation.
• Analyze and synthesize data from survey.
• Draft, in collaboration with Evaluation Team Leader, a complete report with findings, conclusions and recommendations addressing each evaluation question.
• Participate in a debrief presentation with ACDI/VOCA senior management, including the M&E Manager and Evaluation Team Leader.
• Work with Evaluation Team Leader to finalize the final evaluation report after receiving feedback from ACDI/VOCA.
• A minimum of five years’ experience implementing complex, donor-funded, international humanitarian assistance programs in agricultural development and food security.
• Substantial training experience, particularly in rural agriculture development. Experience with commodity management (direct distribution and monetization) is highly preferred.
• Familiarity with USAID PL 480 Title II programming is preferred.
• Experience participating in project evaluations is preferred.
• University degree in agriculture, statistics, economics, rural development or related field.
• Experience in Uganda and specifically with Ugandan agricultural systems strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical and report-writing skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
How to apply
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556A361D43515B7E59192F7755196D00627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.