Job Title:Evaluation Team Leader
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Closing date: 04 Apr 2011
Location: Uganda - Kampala
We are currently seeking an Evaluation Team Leader for a short-term assignment to evaluate ACDI/VOCA's USAID Title II Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in Uganda. The anticipated start date is mid- to late April 2011 with in-country travel scheduled for May 2011. The Evaluation Team Leader will supervise a team of local consultants to assess the achievements to date in comparison with program objectives. He or she will carry out evaluation activities in the ACDI/VOCA Kampala office and in the field in order to produce a concise, readable report that evaluates and documents the impact of ACDI/VOCA's activities. Additionally, the report will highlight the relevance, effectiveness, accomplishments and sustainability of the program's components.
• Design a detailed methodology and schedule to evaluate key project indicators.
• Conduct, as needed, field visits, key informant interviews, focus groups and surveys to investigate the primary evaluation questions.
• Work with the ACDI/VOCA-Uganda M&E Manager to identify and hire local short-term staff (surveyors) to conduct a qualitative survey.
• Orient and train the surveyors on how to conduct the survey.
• Assess the effectiveness, relevance and efficiency of the program in achieving its intended objectives and intermediate results as outlined in the program's results framework.
• Determine the level of ownership and satisfaction stakeholders and beneficiaries have with the program's results. Help program management and stakeholders identify successes and challenges to date and reasons for these successes and challenges.
• Determine the sustainability of results. The evaluation should inform future program design and implementation.
• Analyze and synthesize data from survey.
• Draft a complete report with findings, conclusions and recommendations addressing each evaluation question.
• Conduct a debrief presentation for ACDI/VOCA senior management, including the M&E Manager.
• Finalize the final evaluation report after receiving feedback from ACDI/VOCA.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience designing and conducting program evaluations of complex, donor-funded, international humanitarian assistance programs. Previous experience as a team leader on program evaluations.
• Extensive experience designing, implementing and assessing project monitoring systems.
• Sectoral expertise in the areas of rural agricultural development, food security, grants management, capacity building and commodity management (direct distribution and monetization).
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of international and/or local consultants.
• Familiarity with USAID PL 480 Title II programming preferred.
• University degree in agriculture, statistics, economics, rural development or related field.
• Experience in Uganda and specifically with Ugandan agricultural systems strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical and report-writing skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
How to apply
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556B361D43515B7E59192F7755196D01627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.