Raising Voices is an NGO that works to prevent violence against women and children in Uganda.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
• Manage all aspects of the financial system according to the organizational financial regulations
• Produce timely multi-donor financial reports using QuickBooks for program planning and monitoring
• Ensure compliance with all legal, audit, tax and contractual responsibilities
• Ensure proper tracking and control of expenditure
• Manage annual external financial audit
• Oversee and manage all major purchases including supplies, materials and assets
• Produce accurate monthly financial reports
• Support staff in preparing and monitoring financial expenditure within their program areas
• Adhere to and refine existing financial policy and develop financial policy manual
• Demonstrate leadership and support to Raising Voices management and staff
• Supervise a small team of administration staff.
• AT LEAST FIVE years' experience of senior level financial management for an NGO
• University degree with a major in accounting and full professional qualification in ACCA, CPA or CIMA
• Extensive computer skills in Word, Excel, QuickBooks
• Self motivated and displays initiative and high level of integrity
• Able to work productively and collaboratively with a team, providing proactive and supportive supervision and leadership
• Written and oral communication skills are essential
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit typed applications that include a cover letter, a detailed CV and contacts (phone and email) of three referees. DO NOT INCLUDE COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS /CERTIFICATES, shortlisted candidates only will be required to submit.
Deadline: Applications must be postmarked or hand delivered by 15th March 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted by 25th March 2011.
All applications should be sent to:
Plot 16 Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya
P.0. Box 6770, Kampala, Uganda
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org